Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default Pole Lamp Dimmer/Switch Module

Hey Robert, these are the lamps that were burning houses down when they
got knocked over or a curtain blew over them. Here they were giving
circline flourescent models when you turned them in.
Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Have a tubular type of base lamp in my study.
The kind that has a base on the floor, and then a tube of an inch or so
diameter that runs vertically to a height of perhaps five feet.
Then a reflector on the top with a halogen bulb that shines upwards.

This one uses a tubular halogen lamp (300 W), and has a dimmer/switch module
that is slender enough to fit right inside the tube.

The dimmer/switch module needs replacement, and I can't seem to find
anywhere that carries them anymore. Can't seem to find on the web, either.

Any suggestions as to where to get ?

Thanks,
Bob