Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT News server problems

wrote in message
I'm running out of options in the appropriate arenas, so into the WW
group I go.

Using verizon newserver to access groups now days since it's included
in the DSL subscription.

Trying to access from a non DSL connected PC.

That's more than likely your problem.

They routinely (most IPS's) deny/block nntp connection to any computer that
is not using an ip address from their assigned block of ip addresses.

If it worked before, you're lucky ... One of my companies is on Verizon DSL
service after 15 years of being passed down from UUNET to WorldCom to MCI to
Verizon, etc., ad infinitum ... this latest bunch of idiots, Verizon, SUCK
the worst!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07