Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] Renata0403@gmail.com is offline

Default OT News server problems

I'm running out of options in the appropriate arenas, so into the WW
group I go.

Using verizon newserver to access groups now days since it's included
in the DSL subscription.

Trying to access from a non DSL connected PC.

Worked fine Dec 15; turned PC off, went on "vacation".
Come back Jan 2, turn PC on, start getting error 10060, connection
refused.

Everyone says it the other's problem.

What I've found out.

We're not blocking the news server here.
I'm assuming it's not some new malicious virus that targets news (do
have McAfee).
Other news portals (e.g. microsoft) work.
Verizon works from the DSL PC (i.e. their server is functioning).
Nothing changed on the PC (it was off). SW not reconfigured, etc.
I'm using Agent.

One guess was that verizon changed their server so access wasn't
available unless you were on the DSL'd PC. Their attempt at "help" was
a canned response, not really related to my issue.

Last time this happened (error 10060), the verizon server was down.
Not this time.

Ideas? Help!

Thanx
Renata