Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,rec.ponds
Ann Ann is offline

Default Soiltac soil stabilizer

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:12:11 -0800, Larry Caldwell wrote:
In article ,
(Ann) says...

?... Your local
conservation services field rep has all the forms for permit
applications, and details of acceptable projects.

Nope, I just double-checked my county CD's website. "Some [publications]
are also available from your local Conservation District office. All are
available at the DEP website 'Bookstore',"

If your goal is
actually soil conservation and watershed improvement, not a new boat
dock or trout pond, you will find the permit process is pretty
straightforward. If you can't read the handouts, or just want to be a
jerk, hell will freeze over before you get a permit.

I didn't write that it would be difficult to get a permit. I've never
applied for one, but have had people say the process is a nuisance. And,
certain permits are difficult. It took an adjoining township "forever" to
get one to remove some gravel bars.