Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default utility bills, help

In article ,
"Bill" wrote:

Being a manufactured home, I guess you can't put more insulation in the
"attic". Also I think if you install a new furnace, it needs to be approved
for a manufactured home?

Wrong on both counts. Most manufactured homes are better insulated
than most stick built homes. Manufactured homes use the same everyday
appliances and heating systems that stick built homes use. If the
home is built with trusses, there is no reason that someone could not
put another layer of insulation up there. Then again, you find
cathedral ceilings in manufactured homes more often than stick built
homes, and those are nearly impossible to add insulation to.

People have a lot of negative stereotypes about manufactured homes.
In many cases, a typical person off the street could not tell the
difference between a manufactured home set up on a basement or pad
from a stick built home set on a similar basement or pad.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com