Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover comms link

In article ,
Huge wrote:
On 2007-01-06, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim S wrote:
Do they still use "Lucas, Prince or Darkness" components?

Lucas ceased trading years ago. They were bought out - by of all
things - a US company.

TRW, AFAIK.

Don't think they are now in the automotive field.

"Lucas Aerospace". Be afraid. Be very afraid.

They were Lucas Aerospace before being sold.

I know it's fashionable (and has been for years) to knock Lucas, but I
don't really see the modern 'equivalents' being so much better. Or indeed
the majority of the contemporary and comparable alternatives. They are all
constrained by the same factors that made some Lucas products unreliable -
extremely tight budgeting car by makers being the main one.

The very worst electrics I had on any car was the Delco installation on a
Bedford van. Just about anything that could go wrong did. ;-)

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.