Posted to alt.home.repair
F.H. F.H. is offline

Default Sliding glass door (I need some help)

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I would appreciate a picture. Did your invention fit in the existing track?
I guess I'm having difficulty picturing it.

My original dimensions were guessed from memory. Here are the actual
measurements:

3 1/16" tall
1 7/8" wide
5/8 " thick

You should be able to find the piece at a hardware store or....? Three
pictures attached. Note I used three metal screws and drilled pilot
holes in the alum door frame, the top screw required drilling a hole
through the assembly. Also, note the 1/4 20 lock nut at the top to keep
the adjustment right. Beats buying a new door.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3134/sa400002qr0.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9610/sa400003sp0.jpg

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/9508/sa400004sm8.jpg