Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Outside antenna rotator question...

wrote:
And, yes, no one here has DVR, TIVO. Also, there's only one set and
there are not going to be any more. It doesn't help any to kill the
commercials during the local news and weather; it isn't going to get it
transmitted any earlier, and as soon as it and the sports are over, it
usually goes on mute again, anyway; the wife goes to bed and I read a
while longer. I may listen to the "Top Ten" list or the Leno
"Headlines" on Mondays, but other than that, "off" is the normal
position. (Oh, I forgot, Red Green usually gets his shot on Friday
night as does the local farm markets weekly review show.)

my best friend from 8th grade has a 2 year old. i traded some old
satellite stuff for a slightly used TIVO. friends hubby got nose out of
joint we just watch whats on when its on attitude.

I set up tivo with a push button for regular tv expecting the comments.

her 2 year old loves watching his favorite shows, he operates it great.
her hubby loves sports, replaying football plays, the family is now
firmly a TIVO one

she watches our 4 dogs anytime we go away, it was a nice thank you.

she asked me to remove the swich now they always watch TIVO

OK, how would/could it help with any of the issues _I_ have? None,
that I can see.

I've not had a 2-yr old for over 30 years and certainly don't expect
any more. But, for the most part, it is about the right intellectual
level of most tv content, I'll agree.

While I do enjoy sports to an extent, it's a case of can "take if or
leave it" and certainly not of sufficient interest that would play
stuff over and over or rewatch old games, etc. The wife's level of
interest is even less...

You seem to have a difficult time with the thought that somebody else's
interests and activities don't seem to mirror yours...