Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Old guy Old guy is offline

Default Which Tool?

Good morning,

My son rounded up a two CD set from Sorby, which of course advertised their
tools. It included short videos of how to use each. Of course they had
their best craftsman doing it, and it looked SO easy. But it's a good
introduction, by the people who make 'em.

It was still available 6 months ago, don't know if it is now, but not too
hard to check.

Old Guy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings!
While I have a reasonable grasp of which tools (roughing gouge,
spindle gougle, skew, etc) are used for what - I have seen a few tools
that I can't quite figure out.

I'm guessing someone, somewhere, has a web page that addresses differnt
tool profiles and their intended uses. Or, perhaps better, different
finished turnings, and the tools that were used. Either way would be
helpful.

Any ideas?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe!
Hal