Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Selecting a chuck

I like my One Way. Personally, I am not that fussed about the availability
of jaws since I use only the ones that came with it, a smaller size and a
set of large jaws I made for bottoms. On the other hand, there are a ton of
jaw sets that fit this chuck and most have lots of jaw sets. Any of the
three you are looking at are good. I would get another One Way if I looked
at another chuck.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"George" wrote in message
news

"Spinney" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I am trying to select a chuck for my new lathe. I am
considering the OneWay talon, the Super Nova2, and the Vicmarc 5 1/2".
Any thoughts?

I'm Novas, and they seem to have the largest stable of jaws, but any of
the name brand scroll chucks will do the job. You just have to learn to
work with what they have in the way of jaws.