Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover comms link

cynic wrote:
Thanks for the pointers from everyone. I'm goiing to take a look for
the throttle pot this afternoon whilst its still fine weather. I had
suspicions that it might be pot as I "think" it is developing a
slightly non linear response to my foot position although once you get
an idea in your head its all to easy to convince yourself of something
:-(
The logic about high resistance is good thinking - if the vehicle
designers are logical people?

ECU designers are in general pretty sane.

Its the overall production engineers who will insist on replacing e.g.
gold plated contacts or proper screw terminals with the thinnest and
nastiest of silver plating, or worse still brass, and expecting that
salt laden winter spray won't affect anything at wall.

MY dodgy starter motor connection SEEMS to be the the line to the
contactor. Push fit spade.

An intermittent high resistance is what you would get from a dodgy
variable resistor..likely to give you the odd bout of low throttle when
you least expect it, or ultimately not enough throttle at all.