Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Sliding glass door (I need some help)

I can't imagine a door without wheels or some version of slide
strip. I suspect that the lube that you did use attracted dust
and dirt and that this is causing the stickiness now. I imagine
the best recourse now would be a thorough cleaning.

Is there a brand name on the door? Contact or Google the
manufacturer for use and care suggestions. I have had good luck
on outdoor items that needed lube using anti seize like this:
http://www.meyerplastics.com/adhesives_seal_tape/anti-seize_comp_sht.htm

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in
message ...
The door is about 8 years old. It doesn't have any plastic
wheels or anything other than what looks like a tongue and
groove between the door and the frame. I removed it once and
cleaned it and put in some teflon stuff. It worked for about 6
months. Now it is really sticky and cleaning didn't help.

What should I do?
Are the doors usually a standard size? It's a tract home.
I'm cheap.

Thanks