Woodborg Woodborg is offline
Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Lichtman
"George" wrote: What I find just as effective is to apply a little sanding sealer before the
sanding is complete. This penetrates the wood, and holds the fibres from
moving, so the sanding has a more solid surface to work into.
Hi
I've tried using the sander sealer to finish the sanding ( lathe has no reverse ) but all that seems to happen, is the wax in the sealer just gums up the sand paper. What type/brand of sealer do you use, should i let it dry or sand straight away etc.
I have tried using a mixture of veg oil and minerial oil, which seems to work well. I have read this would be better with bee's wax added, but again think this would just clog the sandpaper.
Your thoughts and advice please
Mark