Posted to rec.woodworking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Small Corner Cabinet

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:44:25 -0600, "Charlie M. 1958"
scribed:

Very nice! I love the satisfaction of making something useful out of
stuff I already have just laying around the shop.

A piece of Corian or something similar would look great if you think you
have the tools and the know-how to work with it. Personally, I would
stick with theme of the oak frame. Glue up a rectangular slab from 3/4"
or thicker oak boards (unless you already have something wide enough),
cut it on a 45 large enough to give you a little bit of overhang on the
front, and maybe put an ogee or a roundover on the front.

Charlie

Hey Charlie! Thanks for the reply.

I made a template out of cork sheet we had and took it in to the
company that made our granite countertops. Asked nicely if they had a
piece of ANY scrap about that size and they found me a piece of
Alabaster marble and would route the edges and square the back.

Price was $25.00 - It was scrap and were just using as a sample in the
showroom. I guess it always pays to ask!

I will update the finished project website when I have delivery of the
top.

In any case, it was a fun project to do with just the bit's and pieces
hanging around the wood shop. Also a certain satisfaction of doing it
on the cheap... Cost me nearly nothing...

Best

Phred