Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Which end of a 2x4 is the top?

Trust me, the last thing I need to research is a tree in Africa. I am
constantly expanding my horizons in much more fruitful ways.

Look, it's just a tree with a large trunk and skinny branches. It does
not grow upside down no matter legend says.

Hey wait, maybe you're right. I think I'll research how many 2 x 4's I
can get out that large trunk. Anybody got a really big chainsaw?

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:18:46 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 5 Jan 2007 09:25:36 -0800, "DerbyDad03"
wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:

-- Ever seen a tree growing upside-down?

- Yes! The African Baobob Tree
-
http://www.botany.org/plantimages/Im...sp?IDN=09-050h

OK, so I go to this site and I see a tree with a large trunk on the
bottom and a lot of branches sticking up in the air. How is this
"upside down"?

Doesn't it look like a tree with the root structure reaching skyward?

No. It looks like a tree with a large trunk on the bottom, and a lot of
branches sticking up into the air.

Here's what it looks like in leaf:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Baobabtre_b3599.jpg

The folks in Africa seem to think so.

Doesn't make it so.

I guess you need to do a little
more research on the Baobob tree. It's really quite fascinating.

*He* needs to do more research? Or *you* need to?

He needs to. There is a LOT to know about Baobob trees. I guess maybe
you could use a little horizon expansion as well. :')

CWM