Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting Porcelain Floor Tiles

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Diamond saw. I hate score and snap, especeially over 4mm thick tiles.

Best purchase I ever made, my crappy cheap tinny, but oh so effective
diamond tile saw. Now on its second blade..its cut marble, slate,
quartzite, and even sandstone. As well as ceramic tiles.

Yup. One day people will get the message. Unless you're a pro tiler where
time is money a wet cutter is so much better than a score and snap.

I used score and snap. The snap was done by gripping the tile along
the score line in a B&D workmate, and thumping the exposed part with
a fist, as the snap part of the cheap score and snapper couldn't
cope, but it worked very well with almost no breakages.

--
Andrew Gabriel