Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Raising Bathroom floor on existing joists and floorboards

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:58:12 +0000 Dave Fawthrop wrote :
But remember that there are limits to the height of a step you can have.
Can't remember offhand if 8 inches is within the limit, but I think it
must be as my domestic steps are 8 inches, but check when you have full
drawings/details of the step.

220mm used to be the maximum rise

Also you must leave a certain height of ceiling.

No that no longer applies. But equally from a practical pov you do want to
make sure that you can stand up in the bath and walk under light fittings.