Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,rec.ponds
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Soiltac soil stabilizer

In article .com,
) says...
Has anyone in these groups used or become familiar with a soil erosion
control product called Soiltac? If so, I'd like to know how it has
worked for you. I'm trying to find a way to stop some serious erosion
of a stream bed that's caused (of course) by the upstream parking lots
that the local big-time developers have laid out.

Tackifiers are used to hold mulch on slopes to protect them from
raindrops. If you are looking at stream bed erosion, your best shot is
to place some boulders in the stream to slow the water velocity. If you
are getting stream bank erosion, you might think about revetments,
riffles, or vegetation. Willow plug planted 12" O/C will only take a
couple of years to knit a bank together.

Call your local soil conservation office. It's listed in the federal
part of the blue pages, but administered through your county.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.