Posted to rec.woodworking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Small Corner Cabinet

Hey all:

Wife asked me to build a small corner cabinet in a lav that we have.
It needed to be about 12x12x32.

Did it in about two days, using mostly scrap pine, poplar and some
scrap beadboard. Finished it with some oak for the outer siding rails
and top fascia plate. Never made a trip to the Depot! All was in
house!

I have a question? What to use for the top... I was thinking about
getting a 12" stair tread and cutting to fit. But I also thought some
of those new engineered materials like you would put on a kitchen
counter like Corian or Zodiaq or even make a Crete mold. I am sure I
can get a scrap of something pretty cheap!

Here is a progress of the build if anyone care's to see.

http://www.fvfowler.com/cabinet/index.html

Any ideas or comments are much appreciated! TIA

Phred