Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Lowes RANT!

Lew Hodgett wrote:

South Jersey tells me you are metro Philly.

Got to be lots of fish in that pond who will do business.

When got serious about woodworking, I was shocked at the number of good
hardwood, plywood, and finishing sources we have here in CT.

Ask at local tool stores, call local cabinet shops, etc.. My early
leads came from Woodworkers Warehouse employees. Ask the store
employees where they buy their wood.

Don't expect the dealers to be slickly merchandised stores in a strip
mall. The places you want will often be located in industrial areas,
sometimes "across the tracks". G Some cabinet and millwork shops
will even sell stock and supplies. If you sound like a "time hole",
you'll probably get blown off. Know what you want or be willing to
accept suggestions, and you may develop a very helpful and convenient
relationship.

Be aware that credit cards may not be accepted outside of the DIY /
retail channel. Plan on cash or a check. Green cash can result in
discounts. Lots of places who sell to "the trade" WILL deal with you
under the right circumstances.