Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Lanciani Dan Lanciani is offline

Default Outside antenna rotator question...

In article . com, (dpb) writes:

| Thanks, Todd. Actually, there is power in the attic and a 110V outlet
| right at the location where the antenna lead comes in. Dad had planned
| on and tried one of the amplifiers at one time and had run the power
| for it when doing the remodel. Too bad he didn't think about
| additional updates like coax for network access and/or running an extra
| conduit between floors to allow something else to be pulled easily.
| It's not being used now, but is live as I used it for a drop cord when
| doing some work up there a while back.
|
| I suppose I could do the outside, up the house thingy, but I have a
| pretty strong aversion to hanging stuff on the house if it's at all
| avoidable, and TV isn't enough of a priority to likely cause a
| retraction on that score.
|
| If you were to have an idea given that there is power up there, I'd
| certainly be interested in it. As you say, certainly a quick search
| didn't find anything. The other respondent suggesting the ham folks
| ain't a bad idea, either. Haven't done so yet, but will try it.

At one time you could buy a rotor control with an IR remote. You
could place this control in the attic and then use a wireless IR
extender between the TV location and the attic. Better would be a
hard-wired IR extender, but I don't think you can get one that rides
on twinlead.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com