Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Outside antenna rotator question...

Red wrote:
dpb wrote:

If I can't find or gin up something, in all likelihood I'll forget the
rotator...it's not that important to me, but seems like it would
possibly be benificial. While I'm putting up a new antenna I'll try
the manual rotating thing and see if it really does anything great. If
it does at that point I might get more motivated to look into the
alternative wiring routes/choices.

Thanks...

I put my antenna on a rotor about 10 years ago. Once I found the best
position for a decent reception on all 6 channels, I rarely use the
rotor anymore. When you move off that "ideal" spot, it's hard to find
it again.

Oooh, that's twice our three! (Well, there's really four on the
rare nights PBS has enough power to have a watchable signal, but that's
still three on most nights!)

The thing I was thinking about the rotor is that there is a newer
repeater almost 180-degrees from the other three that we have had
"since forever". It is coming up out of the TX panhandle from Amarillo
and often, particularly in warm weather, the weather approaches from
that direction rather than the NW. W/ the antenna pointing to the NE,
we have no sign of any signal. Whether I can pick it up if get the new
antenna and point it the right direction I don't yet know so suppose
ought to do that experiment first before even worrying about it at all
further...

Anyway, I was figuring if that were the case of getting it, I'd have to
essentially rotate a half-turn pretty regularly as it's not going to
get both simultaneously, they're all in deep fringe range so need
highly directional antenna. The only saving grace is the three at
present are all roughly in the same direction so one can aim mostly
towards the weakest/farthest away one and still get passable reception
for the most part on the other two.