Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Why Don't Lathe Manufacturers ... ? ENCO Oops

Bill in Detroit wrote:

Here's a better link than the one I posted a few seconds ago ...

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=200-2015

What you really, really want is in the upper right hand corner.

Bill

Wednesday, around 11 am, I ordered the two pop-bead air "aimers"
with magnetic base, along with the hose thing with the magnetic
base. Today, thrusday, around 1:30 UPS delivered my Enco order.
UNFORTUNATELY - the magnet in the "magnetic base" wasn't
magnetic - on either of them.

Called them after making sure that other magnets I have did in
fact stick to my table saw table - and lathe bed. They lady I
spoke with was very apologetic and sent someone out to the
warehouse to check the rest of the items. She offered to
replace them. I suggested they just send me two one inch
diameter, earth magnet washers. She looked up earth magnets
and found they did carry such a thing - but at $25 EACH. The
LEAST expensive earth magnate they had was $4.50 for a 13/16"
diameter 1/8th inch thick disk. She'll call me tomorrow with
options and we'll work this OOPS out.

They're sending me their catalog - phone book size. Lee Valley
catalogs are full of temptations to drain the checking account
and none are even close to a phone book size. Enco may take
Tool Porn to a whole new level.

charlie b