Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bill@bird.peck is offline

Default WEIRD problem with CD player

Great idea - except this sled is driven by linear motors on each side.

I'm going to try to raise the rail and see how long that works

thanks for your inputs.

On 4 Jan 2007 06:13:05 -0800, "b" wrote:

An Onkyo player I once worked on had a small, barely visible crack in a
worm gear (part of the sled assly.). The gear was still gripping the
rod it was attached to OK, but on ocasions, and sometimes when used at
other angles, it would bind against its driver cog and lock the sled.
this caused some odd symptoms and intermittent operation.Maybe worth
getting a magnifying glass out anc checking the condition of any
plastic gears etc.
-B.