Posted to rec.woodworking
Karl Karl is offline

Default Columbus Woodworking Show Question

I will be there also...been to the last two...no biggies on tool specials.
Watch yourself if you have to ask product vendors specific questions. Last
year I asked the Delta people a specific machine question and they told me
they didn't know and were just hired to promote products and not answer
tech questions. They tried to give me a brochure that was 2 years old
also...

The one thing that I want to see if the gentleman showing how to create
some simple products featured in Wood magazine. I am especially interested
in the mantel clock since I was going to make this last summer but had
questions on how to do some of the cuts so I am looking forward to watching
him do the cuts and asking questions.

There are also the misc info commercial products there also. Very
interesting to see the demos in person just to prove to yourself the items
are pieces of junk whether on TV or in person.

Karl

Scraper wrote:

I have recently moved back into the Central Ohio area. I saw an ad for
the upcoming Columbus Woodworking Show. Was wondering if anyone had
been to it and what their thoughts were. I am a rookie with a few
basic tools, but have hope to someday be a rookie with really nice
tools. What can I expect from the show? Good deals on tools?
Supplies? Good place to pick up some knowledge? (The ad I saw wasn't
very specific.)

Thanks for the help,
S.