Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lowes RANT!

In article ,
Bill Davis Jr wrote:
I have a rant but it is about a tool.

...snipped...

Fine we go to Lowe's search for the blade. They do not sell it. We
tried HD they don't sell it the blade either. I said to the guy in the
tool department. "How can you sell a tool but not the blade?" His
response was "That is the way things are done." And then he told me to
try a hardware store.

I think you have too high expectations of Lowes & HD and for that
matter, most hardware stores also. A biscuit cutter is not a very
common tool, compared to say a circular saw or drill, and the
replacement blades would be a low volume item for any retail
store. I know of a few tool dealers in my area that probably stock a
replacement blade for biscuit joiners (Ooops, _almost_ put that 't' in
there!) but honestly, If I needed to replace mine, my first thought
would be mail order.
--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin