Posted to rec.woodworking
DT DT is offline

Default bostitch framing nailer

Amazon says clipped, Bostitch says full round. I am assuming it cannot
shoot both, but I am curious as to whether it is classified as full
round or clipped. Clipped nails seem to be in the 'D' shape. These
nails are an 'O' with just a small semi-circle missing from the edge.

Well, I checked all the boxes of nails I have for mine. I have Bostich and Stanley
Bostich boxes, both tell you everything possible about the nail: diameter, length,
shank type, collating method, coating, angle, they even have a picture with side and
end views that clearly shows the indent, but no mention of it. But... my third party
box of nails for the same gun shows all that and states, "Clipped Head".

--
Dennis