Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Outside antenna rotator question...

OK, the big ice event took the TV antenna and turned it into an
inverted "V" so it's now time for a new one. Fortunately, other than
limbs, that's my only real problem unlike the poor folks north and west
who are still w/o power and will be for two weeks or more. Plus, have
water for the livestock and feed and didn't lose 450 head to
freezing/suffocation as fella' one county north...

Anyway, not had a rotator before but considering it as is a new
repeater that could probably pick up in other direction of traditionals
so looking for some info --

Is there a way to control a rotator from inside w/o running hard cable
from the set location all the way? Problem is antenna entry is from
under eaves at attic level of two-story and the TV location is on first
floor and there's no way easy enough to get a cable pulled that I'm
going to the effort for something as superfluous as a TV signal. Dad
used the old flat cable instead of coax, unfortunately, so that's all
I've got to work with.

Anybody have any input? I DA(very quick)GS and didn't find much of
help, but don't have any experience on this subject....