Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Goff Jeremy Goff is offline

Default Cutting Porcelain Floor Tiles

"Grunff" wrote in message
Jeremy Goff wrote:
I'm going to lay some porcelain floor tiles in my bathroom.

Excellent choice.

What are they like to cut?

Much harder than ceramic, but quite doable.

I have a Plasplugs Ceramic Tile Cutter, but I understand diamond saws

are
recommended for porcelain.

Yes, you will need a diamond disc tile cutter, the PlasPlugs one is what
I used on porcelain, and it worked great.

I'll experiment with my cutter but would welcome opinions/experiences.

Is the cutter you have a score + snap, or a saw? You can't score + snap
porcelain.

Yes it's score and snap. I had a feeling it was unsuitable - worked great on
ceramic wall tiles tho.
Are the disc cutters expensive or can they be hired?

--
Grunff

Jerry