Pete Cross

Default Door-operated mains light switch

Why not put a bulkhead pir light fitting in. It lights up when they open the
door and goes out 30seconds later even if the door is left open. I have put
one in our porch so we can see the alarm keypad as we enter, nb weird 1930's
design of outer arched split door into small porch then another door into
hall.

--
Pete Cross

"Duncan Lees" duncan-at-snsys-dot-com wrote in message
. ..
PHG wrote:
I've got a cupboard under the stairs which my kids use for their

coats/bags
etc. It's already fitted with a bulb and
conventional manual light switch. Because they're always forgetting to

turn
the light off, I was hoping to replace the switch
with one that's enabled (presumably a spring mechanism) when the door is
open, and turned off when the door is closed.
Are these available for mains circuits ? I only recall seeing them for 9

or
12V circuits in wardrobes etc.
Thanks Paul

Of course you just have to make sure that they don't forget to close the
cupboard door afterwards...

-Duncan