Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Re-breaking arm

"gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
The "ugly gap" is because the broken ends of the arm are uneven. How
can I smooth the surfaces so they'll match evenly?

If epoxy was used, heating it will soften the glue. If you remove ALL
the glue, the surfaces should fit tightly if properly positioned. I would
re-glue
with epoxy, positioning carefully. Wipe off excess glue before it cures, and
the joint should hardly show. If there are missing bits in the break,
filling
with epoxy and painting or coloring with permanent markers may cover it.
Acetone might help in removing the old glue.
Bob