Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default drill into poured concrete basement walls? any worries?

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:31:52 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Todd H. wrote:
"HeyBub" writes:

Todd H. wrote:
Thanks to all for the input! The top fastening option looks like it
will actually work vs going into the concrete.

Originally I didn't think the shelves in question would be tall
enough for that to be practical without a long awkward run of cable
or something, but there really isn't that much distance between the
top and the sill plate on these 72" shelves. Now that they're up,
they also hold together vertically better than I originally
envisioned.

They'll hold together even better when loaded. BUT there's always the
unforseen.

Think earthquake.

Statistically unlikely in Chicagoland, but you can never be too sure!

Okay, I'll play. Think nuclear explosion.

I can just see the commercials after the nuclear explosiion. "We're
in the basement of Todd H. Tell us, Todd, did our Miracle Anchors
hold your shelves in place during the recent unpleasantness?" "Yes
indeed, Joe. I"d recommend Miracle Anchors to everyone with a
basement."