Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee Dr. Anton T. Squeegee is offline

Default Instek Oscilloscopes

In article .com,
(known to some as ) scribed...

How are the Instek DSOs, in particular the "portables" like GDS-2064,
in comparison to comparable Tek 'scopes like the TDS2004B? Tek has
always had a good reputation, but the Instek is considerably cheaper.
Is it the name you're paying for, or are the Tektronix models really
that much better (reliability, performance, etc)?

The current run of Tektronix products feel to me like kids' toys
(and badly made ones at that) compared to their older stuff.

If I were shopping for a new 'scope, and had the bucks to burn, I'd
check in with LeCroy (the WaveRunner series) before I'd even glance at
current Tek stuff.

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)