Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default dust collection on lathe

In article ,
"Paul Gilbert" wrote:

My original shop went under 7' of salt water in New Orleans last year during
Katrina. I am now setting up a new one on high ground in Dallas, TX.

I have a 20" Powermatic and a Orinda 2 HP Dust Gorilla. I am presently
running the duct work. What kind of shop made collection device should I
use and where should it be located?

I have http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dlgulp.html at my lathe, but
that is -NOT- enough. I also wear a full-face sheild/dust mast (Trend),
when I was roughing (NOT sanding) a Pauduk bowl, the pre-filter looked
like this http://home.wavecable.com/~n7bsn/Photo/filter.jpg . I also use
a whole shop air-filter (that hangs from the ceiling)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv