Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Ian_m Ian_m is offline

Default Building regs and DIY - Petition on no 10 web site

wrote in message
ps.com...
Spotted this - obviously of interest to DIY'ers. (and anyone who just
hates the nanny state in general).

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/deregulateDIY/

Chris

I am sure most DIY'ers are ignoring Part P anyway. Spoke with an electrician
who did a relevant Part P course before Part P came in so that he could 1)
carry on his normal line of work and 2) peform all the necessary tests for
DIY'ers.

In the two years since Part P came in, he has had one phone call about
testing someones installation, and after he gave a quote (£125 I think)
heard no more. So basically zilch on the testing front. As for Prat P
compliance testing of DIY installations being a great money earner as
promised the the trade mags in 2004 he had a few words to say about
that......

Mind you my council want £325 for Part P testing.....