Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

The REAL way to sharpen scissors is to use one of those small diamond
sharpening stones you can mount in a dremel tool. "Looks" like a chain saw
sharpening stone. Run that across the bevel edge of the scissors and they
cut like new. I start on the heel of the bevel and when I make contact you
can see where you are sharpening. Then I angle it down till I hit the
cutting edge. This establishes the angle and I proceed along the entire
cutting edge. SHARP!

I cut lots of Sandpaper with scissors and It does in fact dull the
blade.

PS I use the same bit in my dremel to sharpen my 3TPI band saw blade. About
12 minutes to do a 113" blade. I get two sharpenings out of each blade.

"Arcady" wrote in message
Mike Paulson wrote:
From the dollar store, a large scissors that I use to cut sandpaper

sheets
into squares and strips. Cuts through 4 sheets at once. Been using it
since forever, not sure I ever had to resharpen it.

This IS the way to sharpen scissors - cut sandpaper few times. So you are

sharpening yours
every time...