Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Actually the way to sharpen scissors is to hone the bevel on the outer side
of the arm. What we are really saying here is cutting sandpaper will keep a
pair of scissors sharp enough to cut sandpaper. Seems reasonable; the grit
of the paper will leave minor abrasions on the edge that will leave a
cutting surface until they abraded by the next sheet that will leave
abrasions on the edge and so on. What the first person described was to cut
four pieces at a time. that would abrade both inner and outer surfaces of
the arm, again keeping it sharp enough for sandpaper.
Time to turn wood.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Arcady" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

It's never worked for me ... AAMOF, the dullest pair of scissors in the
shop
is always relegated to cutting sandpaper, where they immediately get
duller
and worthless for anything else.

It always worked for me. But result is only good on good pair of scissors
(not loose ones) and kind of not lasting - this is not the permanent
solution.