Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bowlauncher Bowlauncher is offline

Default Alligator Saw or Sabre Saws

Dan Bollinger wrote:
I have such a saw and I have used it with a 12" blade for cutting limbs, it
would not be the first saw I'd use to blank a bowl. Those long blades are
flexible and difficult to control. A 12" electric chain saw would cut faster and
straighter. Dan

"Bowlauncher" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone have any experience of Dewalt DW390 275mm Alligator Saw or
BOSCH PROFESSIONAL 1600W TANDEM SAW GFZ 16-35AC. I have an electric
chain saw which does most of what I need to do for preparing wood for
turning but I thought that theses other saws might be safer and easier
to use for knocking corners off of bowl blanks etc. I do not have a
very big band saw or much room in the workshop (shed really workshop is
a bit grand) so I thought one of these saws might come in handy,however
I dont want to buy one and then find they dont work very well.

Remember after it has hit the wall behind you its on its way back
again.Chas.

Hi Dan
The saws I was looking at have a guide bar like a chain saw is yours
this type or is it just a blade like a jig saw.
Chas.