Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default I need 50 mouse traps

mm wrote:

I do wonder sometimes if the edges of the 200 blades I just bought
will get dull even if they aren't used. Does anyone know?

I wonder how much of the dulling of a blade is corrosion. Otherwise,
why have stainless steel blades? And how much corrosion is affected by
scraping the thing on your skin.

For example, I think some plastic is a very thick liquid and will
deform just because of gravity with enough time. I think the shop
teacher said that about glass, and that window panes eventually become
thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top.

Nah, that's kind of an urban legend in practice. I've seen it worked
out, and over a thousand years at normal temperatures you'd see like a
couple of microns of flow.

On the other hand, we all know that aluminum wiring will squeeze itself
out from under a screw head over time, don't we?

(snip)
I fondly remember King Gillette's "Blue Blades", and even the "foxhole
radios" made from them during WWII.

What about "injector" razors? I still have mine.