Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] someone@someISP.com is offline

Default Pieces of brown paper coming from vents???

I agree. He has mice who chewed up some paper.

On 1 Jan 2007 11:40:59 -0800, wrote:

Look for other indications of mice, it sounds like nest litter.
wrote:
I keep a pretty close eye on our central HVAC unit (located up in the
attic), and vacuum-clean the coils, check for leaks, etc. myself. The
last year or so, however, especially if it's been off for a day or two,
when it first comes on, little flakes of medium-brown paper, the
biggest about like the end of a pencil, come down from some of the
vents, about 10-20 pieces over a period of an hour. They're very thin
and brittle.

Can anybody tell me what this is and where it might be coming
from? I can't see anything like that in the central unit.

Thanks,
Ron M.