Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pieces of brown paper coming from vents???

I keep a pretty close eye on our central HVAC unit (located up in the
attic), and vacuum-clean the coils, check for leaks, etc. myself. The
last year or so, however, especially if it's been off for a day or two,
when it first comes on, little flakes of medium-brown paper, the
biggest about like the end of a pencil, come down from some of the
vents, about 10-20 pieces over a period of an hour. They're very thin
and brittle.

Can anybody tell me what this is and where it might be coming
from? I can't see anything like that in the central unit.

Thanks,
Ron M.