Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default drill into poured concrete basement walls? any worries?

In article , (Todd H.) wrote:

I'd like to drill into poured concrete basement walls to set some
modest anchors to secure the tops of some freestanding shelving units
against tipping on top of small curious nephews and nieces who might
decide to climb on em.

Anything I should know/avoid? I guess my primary concern would be
opening a water infiltration path, but I'd have to think there are
tons of anchors drilled in other walls behind the finished portion of
the basement?

It's tougher to drill poured concrete than concrete block but it can be
done.