Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default I need 50 mouse traps

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

Use tools (maybe a lawsuit possible here). It amazes me how little of
actual practical value i learned in school.

I was confused about why a college educated person was more valuable than
one with HKU learning. (Hard Knocks University) A man once said that in
college, they teach you how to learn. How to identify the problem, and
how to find the solutions. Not so much on teaching you the dates and
places and facts. Then it made sense.

I think that school also is an indicator that a person can stay with
something for a good while, and not move on or quit.

Sounds good in theory and sometimes college grads. only know about theory. I
only had high school education with a couple of courses at a college, but I
hired and had a number of college grads who worked for me. Some were good,
others knew so little about the business they were trained in that it was
like I had hired a total amateur. I placed little importance on college
degrees and more importance on knowledge and the ability to learn quickly.