Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Why Don't Lathe Manufacturers ... ?

charlie b wrote:
Bill in Detroit wrote:
Here's a better link than the one I posted a few seconds ago ...

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=200-2015

What you really, really want is in the upper right hand corner.

Bill

that takes care of part one.

still need a compressor or other source of compressed air.

why don't they build a small piston pump into the lathe
drive set up?

charlie b

Charlie,
In your original post you indicated that you already had an air
compressor with a line that would reach.

"When doing hollowing, I often bring an airhose to the lathe.
Hollow some, stop, blow out the chips and dust, hollow some
more, . . ."

That air hose plugs into this, turn the valve a little, aim the
nozzle(s) and you are all good.

This is the Unix philosophy of piecing together the parts of the puzzle
you already own to solve the new problem vs the Windows philosophy of
building everything into one package despite the probability that 90% of
your users will only access 10% of the features.

You already have an air line. Use IT.

Bill

--
Preach the gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.
St Francis of Assisi

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0666-1, 12/31/2006
Tested on: 1/1/2007 6:32:22 PM