Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] timegoesby@my-deja.com is offline

Default Doubling up underground cable.

ARWadsworth wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article m,
wrote:
Doubling up two of these cables is cost
effective as heavy direct burial cable is expensive.

Good grief.

At TLC prices 2.5mm TW&E is 0.97 gbp a metre. Assuming you want twice the
current carrying capacity, 6mm SWA is 1.60 a metre. And TW&E will require
additional protection.

Seems to me you've been listening to 'two combis' dribble too much.

I was wondering how the heating pipes were going to be laid between the
house and the garage, if the boiler is going to be used to heat the house.

Adam

Thanks to all. I will use one 6mm cable and a garage CU. I assume this
can enter via an angled hole through the footings rather than up from
the ground and through the wall. Is that so?

I am thinking of taking the water pipes underground through a 110mm
plastic pipe, with the water pipes being plastic, fully insulated and
500 mm deep. It will be simple enough to do, apart from some digging,
and save a lot of space in the house. It looks to be well worth it for
the space gains.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone on uk.d-i-y.