Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] roybennet@fsmail.net is offline

Default drains blocked.

r.bartlett wrote:
Hi guy's

Our drain runs from our garden to next door and away. It appears that the
section on their ground has collapsed or at least particially blocked where
the ground has dropped. Thus in less than 2 weeks I'm paddleless!

However as it's 'my' waste but the drain is on their land who's
responsible??

Cheers

Richard

My dad had a similar problem when the sewer from his house collapsed
under his neighbours drive. He managed to get his household insurance
company to pay for the repair which had to be carried out from the
manhole cover on his property because the neighbour wouldn't agree to
having his paver brick driveway dug up. The insurance company paid for
some sort of reamer to be put through the sewer and an inflatable
sleeve was inserted and inflated in the sewer. The bill was huge but
the insurance company paid up without any problem amazingly enough.