Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Why Don't Lathe Manufacturers ... ?

The question is not why lathe manufacturers do not build in a small
compressor pump in the lathe body but rather, after they build in mutiple
light sources, air compressors, vaccuum chuck assemblies complete with
vaccuum pumps, extra tool rests, variable weight adjustment mechanisms, and
self regulating speed controolers, do we still have a lathe at all and can a
person get near it in the first place? I think the old addage is, "whatever
is on the lathe is not sufficient for all peoples." So why not keep them
simple and add on as the need arises? Me, I find that the break to stop the
lathe and clear the shavings is a good one and part of the design
experience. Just a few thoughts.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"charlie b" wrote in message
Bill in Detroit wrote:

Here's a better link than the one I posted a few seconds ago ...

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=200-2015

What you really, really want is in the upper right hand corner.

Bill

that takes care of part one.

still need a compressor or other source of compressed air.

why don't they build a small piston pump into the lathe
drive set up?

charlie b