Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe Owen Lowe is offline

Default OK - I Got A Chainsaw - Now What?

In article ,
charlie b wrote:
Did two pages - with illustrations of some of what I learned from him
and figured it might be of use to others. Having recently escaped
from Comcast as the ISP for my woodworking site, while rebuilding
my site on HyperSurf, I decided to put up some pages about what
I learned so others could get to it easier than jumping around news
groups to get the text AND the illustrations.

Here's the url (all one line so watch the line wrap)

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...insawing1.html

Charlie, I'd like to use your chainsawing and tension wood pages in our
chapter newsletter. Do you mind? If not, I'll certainly make sure you
get a pdf copy of the issue.

Also, would you have the non-gif files available? I'd like to use
smoother text than what appears in the gif image files.

I also want to be sure you get proper credit - just email me your
non-group name if/when you email the files. My address is
onlnlowe/verizon.net (replace the / with @ and it should be good to go).

Thanks, Owen

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.