Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Extending Earth Wire For Sink

wrote:
We have recently moved our sink, the current earth wire is no longer
long enough. What should I use to connect a new piece of earth wire to
the old piece in order to extend the earth to the new sink, and save
replacing the whole earth wire back to the consumer unit??

Where is this 'wire' actually running?

There is a requirement to bond the incoming mains water supply to the
earth back at the consumer unit; is that what you mean - ie, is the main
stopcock under the sink? Seems unlikely that would have moved...

If you talking about supplementary bonding, that is connection of the
metal sink to the metal pipework feeding the taps; again, unlikely they
would have moved relative to each other. Also, not compulsory and
believed to be a Bad Thing by some, as has been pointed out.

David