Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson Stephen Dawson is offline

Default Extending Earth Wire For Sink

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
We have recently moved our sink, the current earth wire is no longer
long enough. What should I use to connect a new piece of earth wire to
the old piece in order to extend the earth to the new sink, and save
replacing the whole earth wire back to the consumer unit??

In a similar solution, I soldered the wires, crimped them in a brass
tube, then screwed the tube flatter using a 30A choc-bloc connector.

Overkill?

Seriously though.
Soldering, or crimping are both acceptable.
Choc block connectors are not AIUI.
You should probably check that it is in fact properly connected in the
first place to the CU.

Out of interest, where is the sink??

Because if i is in a kitchen there is no requirement to bond it.

--

Steve Dawson